ECTA Inc. (pronounced Ekta which means “Unity” in most Indian languages) is a non-profit theater company dedicated to producing Quality Theater for the community, by the community. Our mission is to tell our own stories through theater and other performing arts media. Our objectives are:
- To present live theatre and other performing arts productions for the cultural education, entertainment, and inspiration of the community.
- To foster and develop, through theatrical workshops and other appropriate means, the artistic talents and skills of company members and other interested persons.
- To welcome and provide an avocational opportunity for all volunteers interested in the theatre arts to participate in the many activities of Community Theater.
Live theater can touch our lives in ways that no other art form can. Good theater enriches our lives in more ways than one. Theater leaves a legacy of our cultural heritage for future generations, and helps to bring in the community together. However, no community theater can survive without the help from its community. Hence, we would like to ask our community members to join us, support us, and become active participants in our journey. ECTA members enjoy a wide array of benefits, like
- Discounted tickets to ECTA shows and events
- Admission to members only events like play readings, workshops and acting lessons
- Opportunityto act and participate in upcoming ECTA production through special members only casting calls
However, the greatest advantage of being a member is to be able to be a part of an organization that creates arts and nurtures artists, an organization that helps to connect to our community and fellow artists.
I hope you will all join us in this exciting venture.
Dear Team ECTA,
I got to know about you’ll through my dance guru – Mrs. Paromita Chakravarty…. I was keen to know if I can participate as an artist in the productions. I have been on the public stage since my childhood and this is what I love doing.
Here’s is a link to my facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/tulps
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks and regards!